Bike Fits Are For Everyone!
Whether you are new to cycling or you have been riding for years, a bikefit is essential to your comfort, performance and efficiency on the bike.
An expert Bike Fit can also help to prevent overuse injuries that often result from an improper position. Knee pain, lower back pain and numb hands are three of the most common repercussions we see of a poorly fitted bike.
Read THIS ARTICLE to learn more about the Three Most Common Cycling Injuries And How To Avoid Them
The “ideal bike position” varies a lot from person to person, depending on factors like age, style of riding, and physical attributes like flexibility and core stability.
At the Body Mechanic we fit your body to the bike as much as the bike to your body!
Unlike a standard bike fit, we assess your body’s biomechanics to identify any areas which need to be addressed. Tight hamstrings, for example, mean you shouldn’t be reaching too low or too far forwards to the bars.
Based on this biomechanical screening process we provide you with a personalised exercise program to correct any weakness or imbalance. This will ultimately make you a stronger rider.
Your bike fitting session with The Body Mechanic will include
- On-and-off the bike biomechanical and injury assessment.
- Adjustment of your riding position taking into account your biomechanical traits, your riding goals and your skill level.
- Bike fit report including key biomechanical findings, your bike measurements and any recommendations to optimise your fit further.
- Individualised exercise program intended to improve your riding efficiency and minimise injury risk.
- Pre- and post- bike fit video with analysis and summary of the changes made.
The Body Mechanic team specialise in bike and body fits. We are experienced cyclists and physios, meaning we understand the demands you put your body under on the bike, and we know what it takes to make your ride comfortable.
A Bike Fit will take approximately 2 hours. Full details are available here
You can call us on (02) 9955 5842 or BOOK IN ONLINE