Mark has an interest in:
- Running Technique Training
- 1on1 Running Coaching Programs
Mark has developed The Body Mechanic’s approach to the management of running-related injuries, and running technique. This has been influenced by several factors:
- 32 years of competitive running;
- 20 years working in sports-based physiotherapy clinics;
- Sustaining a number of acute MTBing and Skiing injuries (7 ankle fractures; 2 ankle operations; knee arthroscopy; ruptured calf muscle and many more . . . )
The experience of having sustained these injuries has enabled Mark to develop practical and reliable treatment and rehabilitation strategies which enable a fast and sustainable return to running.
Mark spent 12 years living and working in the UK where he undertook further study in running biomechanics working with industry experts. He has consulted with shoe manufacturers in developing new products, and is a wealth of knowledge on running shoe advice.
Among Mark’s results include a 2:33 marathon and a host of impressive times in events including New Zealand’s Coast to Coast, Ironman Triathlons and a variety of Ultra Marathons. These days Mark has returned to his love of trail running and he can often be found running the trails in The Blue Mountains where he lives with his wife and family.
- Ultra-Trail Australia 50km – 1st 2016
- Ultra-Trail Australia 100km – 4th 2018
- 6 Foot Track Marathon – (3rd 2018, 4th 2017, 4th 2016, 3rd 2015, 4th 2014, 3rd 2013)
- Northface 100km Ultramarathon – (6th 2013, 7th 2015)
- Kepler Challenge (60km Trail Run) – (5th 2013, 2nd 2014, 6th 2015)
- Mt Solitary Ultra Marathon – (2nd 2015, 3rd 2016)
- Coastal Classic – Sydney – 1st 2015
- 2010 Ironman Austria 9 hours 12 minutes (7th in age group)
- 2007 Ironman Nice 9 hours 39 minutes (7th in age group)
- 2003 Mallorca Marathon 2 hours 33 minutes
- 2003 Coast to Coast 1 day Multisport race (New Zealand) 10th